Lily, 16, Michigan. Part fandom, part personal blog. Victor Garber, To Kill a Mockingbird, Harry Potter, Titanic. Proud VGFA.
COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.
I love when members of the clergy admit to having doubts about their faith. Not only does it make them more human, but it also shows that they chose their path more out of a desire to help people than anything.
Like I love the fact that when the Catholic Church vets new saints they usually look favorably upon bouts of agnosticism in that person’s life because a) it shows they took their faith into serious consideration and weren’t just on the religious tredmill and b) that the things they did in their lives weren’t done solely in exchange for eternal salvation, they were actually done out of the goodness of their heart and their desire to help and further mankind.
Reblogging again for the brilliant commentary. I was going to write a note but didn’t and am glad because this was what I wanted to say and Brooke said it a million times better. =]